No tricks here – this mantle is all treats! For those who personally know me, you know Halloween is my favorite. (Though when Christmas comes you might call me a liar.)
Decoratively speaking, I love all the possibilities in color combinations and tone that Halloween offers. You can have a sweet and soft scheme with muted candy corn colors, go sassy with witchy blacks and deep oranges, or totally kiddish with bright greens and purples. Your house can transform into a haunted haven or look sweet as candy with the right combination and it’s so fun to play around!
Though elegant isn’t usually a word that comes to mind for Halloween, I wanted to try for a pretty and feminine feel on the mantlescape this year. Black and white is such a classic combination that I don’t usually get to work with, and I love how the elements came together for a fresh take on this traditionally spooky holiday.
Tricks Treats to achieve this look:
- Cut craft pumpkins in half (saves you money and space!) and adorn with jewels, ribbon, and jewelry. Check out the large pumpkin on the right – it’s wearing a necklace!
- Fill glass apothecary jars with black and white notions – feathers, black eyed peas, glittered picks – and place battery operated flameless candles inside.
- Use candles with a timer or remote so you won’t have to dismantle your jars to turn them on.
- Place black ravens about with each “looking” at something specific to add mystery and life to your scheme.
- String a paper pinwheel garland along the bottom to set your tone and anchor your scheme.
- Most importantly, do what makes YOU happy – after all, you’re the one who will be enjoying it!
(By the way… YES! Those are fishnet stockings around the tallest apothecary jar. I just slid one leg over the top and wrapped the rest around the base. Also, I used mason jar rings to hold the pumpkin halves in place. Never underestimate the versatility of unexpected items!)
Witching you a spooktacular Halloween!
happy peckled decorating y’all,